Revolver Map

Map

Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday's Adventures in Twitterland

I took the day off from work because I was 'sick', so Ashley and I decided to go back to our local Barnes & Noble store. The last time that we went there it resulted in our failed search for Messie the Lake Murray monster, which you can read about here in case you missed it. While there I decided to look for two books that I need to read so I can remove them from my reading list. As I mentioned on my Twitter account, I am finishing up Ivan T. Sanderson's Invisible Residents. And since I am so close to finishing it I thought I would go ahead and pick up one or both of the books I want to read next. One is Steve Volk's Fringe-ology, the other was DMT The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman MD, recommended to me by Greg Bishop
 
The first book I went to look for was Fringe-ology, because so far DMT The Spirit Molecule has always been in the same exact spot (the new age section go figure). So I found a customer service person and asked her to look up Fringe-ology, after a few minutes of searching for it in the computer she was sad to tell me that they (once again) didn't have it in stock. That makes the third time in as many weeks that this Barnes & Noble has still not gotten this book in. So I did what any rational adult would do in this case, I bitched about it on Twitter.
@countduckula
Also why the hell isn't there a single book store in my area that carries Steve Volk's 'Fringe-ology'? The one time I don't want an ebook

I don't mind ebooks, you see? But for one reason or another I really wanted 'Fringe-ology' in a physical copy. But no, nobody wants to help
Well after griping a bit about that I decided that I would locate the Strassman book. Luckily I was able to find it and so with that I sat down and began to listen to some music while I looked at some random Tumblr's. Of course looking at the Strassman DMT book reminded me of a story that Daily Grail had linked on their site. They had linked to a YouTube video where Alex Jones, surprisingly, went off on a rant about ….... DMT! (Yeah like you couldn't see where this was going). As I hadn't gotten a chance to watch the video I was pretty excited, Alex Jones is always good for a laugh. Not because I don't at least entertain as possible some of the things that he rants and raves about, its just that I have a hard time buying into the whole NWO/Illuminati thing (sometimes). Unfortunately for me however the original YouTube video that the guys over at the Daily Grail had put up had been removed by user. Since I still had Twitter up and running, I figured, “What the hell? Why not put the call out to someone in the Twitterverse”.
@countduckula
Speaking of research into psychedelics, evidently Alex Jones had a little rant about them the other day. Unfortunately I missed the video

And now it seems to have been removed from YouTube, can anyone direct me to the video so I may watch his latest shenanigans?
About the time that I put that call out to Twitter, I notice that Steve Volk had responded to my tweets
about my inability to find his book! Which I thought was pretty cool of him all things considered. So we talked for a few minutes on Twitter about his book, publicity, and the hardships of tracking it down. Eventually he wished me luck in locating the book and hoped that I would enjoy it. It was at this time that someone from Twitter (HolyGhostTrance) replied with the a copy of the YouTube video of Alex Jones's DMT rant. Here is that video for you to enjoy as well. 


After all of this had occurred it was time for us to pack up so I could head to class. On the way out we ended up buying the DMT book and also William Gibson's Neuromancer. So that brings us to the end of my Twitter Thursday adventure. I was able to locate one of the two books that are on my 'To read' list. And had a wonderful day spent out with Ashley (and not at work). If there is a moral to this story I suppose it is best summed up in this tweet.
@countduckula
Apparently if you wish to find something on the Internet, all you have to do is ask Twitter
That's all I have for tonight Twitter, I have to go finish Invisible Residents so that I can start on DMT The Spirit Molecule. Until next time, have a great night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment