Revolver Map

Map

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crop Circle enigma solved? Not likely.

Evidently this is Crop Circle week here at Forteania, which is odd given how I don't really find the phenomena all that interesting. I know different strokes for different folks. Anyway, as a follow up to last nights post; here is an interesting BBC news story that I found via an AboveTopSecret thread.

'Stoned wallabies make crop circles'

Australian wallabies are eating opium poppies and creating crop circles as they hop around "as high as a kite", a government official has said.
Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania, said the kangaroo-like marsupials were getting into poppy fields grown for medicine.
She was reporting to a parliamentary hearing on security for poppy crops.
The article continues here.
Above: The work of wallabies that are "tripping" on Opium?
Look, I'm all for non-paranormal explanations to supposed paranormal phenomena. Just take a look at my recent post about the supposed Belgian Triangle UFO photo Hoax. But I think that alternative explanations need to be at least some what reasonable. I mean this almost sounds like a joke.

I understand that it might be possible for “stoned” wallabies to create some of the simpler Crop Circle patterns that have been seen from time to time, but others I doubt. I would be more willing to buy into the microwave theory I discussed last night for some of the more intricate designs. Besides, while this could explain away the Australian Crop Circles it would still leave the ones seen around the world. Unless of course the wallabies are going on extended “trips”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment