Revolver Map

Map

Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A little bit of news while you wait (patiently I hope) for the latest post

I mentioned a few weeks back (see here, here, and here for more) that I had discussed with the editor of a UFO magazine the possibility of writing an article for them. He was very enthusiastic and picked one of my samples that he wanted to see expanded into article with no more than 4,000 words (which by the way goes by pretty quickly). That was on May 18th. It wasn't until earlier today that I was finally able to get the damned thing written. Mostly because I was procrastinating. I think that secretly I am afraid of criticism. It was just procrastination, if I didn't write the article and submit it, there would be no way it could be turned down. Kind of a 'if you don't try, you don't fail' philosophy.

But in between when I last spoke to him via email and today when I finally finished the rough draft, I had been doing this blog. For some reason posting every day (and having a pretty decent response from you readers) I have come to feel a little more confident in my writing or more importantly in my opinions. Or maybe I realized that it doesn't matter as long as I am enjoying it. And I have to be honest I am really enjoying doing this blog. At first I was a little hesitant, but this Sunday will have been a month and I am really enjoying it.

Anyway back to my news, I have emailed the rough draft to the editor so that he can look over it. Hopefully by this time tomorrow you will have heard back from me about how it goes. And if (in the very likely event) that he doesn't like it, I will always submit it to another magazine. Never fear though I will continue working hard at this blog. And of course there is always my column over at Binnall of America. Fortean Ramblings seems to be pretty popular as well. That's all for the moment, hopefully I will have a new post up in just a little while. Until then this is your friendly neighborhood Closet Anomalist Tony saying 'Catch you on the flip side'

0 comments:

Post a Comment